DID YOU KNOW…
Filipino filmmaker Lav Diaz’s latest six-hour epic, “Florentina Hubaldo, CTE” won the On Screen Award at the 25th Images Festival in Toronto, Canada on April 21.
According to the festival’s web site, the award “honors the strongest new international film or video.” Shot in black and white, the film tells the stories of treasure hunters and Florentina, whose father wants to turn her into a prostitute. The jury described the film as “beautiful… sad… a portrait of bare life and suffering… it shows why cinema remains important.” Bayani San Diego Jr.
- Moore trades @mrskutcher for @justdemi on Twitter
- Indie director Lav Diaz wins in Toronto fest
- Making show biz safe for young actors
- Piolo Pascual fears being misquoted
- Tawi-Tawi enchants Nora Aunor yet again
- Willie Nep tackles ‘Trial Error’
- ‘Phil So Good’: Paradise on earth
- US film ‘The Thief’ shooting in Manila
- Star-studded cast re-enacts historic Battle of Mactan
- ‘Teleserye’ plot lines suffer from frequent detours
Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial.
About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.
Incoming search terms:
- nora aunor latest news